Monday, May 21, 2012

Celebs


Last night at the Rozema House:

Me, talking to the television: “Go away (actor who shall remain nameless)!! No one likes you except your mom! And your wife!”

Steve: “And God.”

Me: “And God………..*guilty silence*…..God, please bless (actor who shall remain nameless) wherever he is tonight and show him Your love.”

Sometimes I think about the fact that famous people are somewhere in the world right now. Steve and I were discussing this last night – how you never think of them as real people doing real-people things (which sounds kind of bad, but is true). You never say, “Oh yes, Will Smith is probably eating lunch right now.” I feel the same way about people in other countries. At this very second there are people in Japan working, eating, shopping, etc. Friends I made in Peru are still down there, driving around those same roads, living in those same houses.
I can get so caught up in my own life that I forget about the billions of other lives on the planet, and then I remember them and my brain explodes. It is fun to think about though. So many people, so many stories, so many experiences…I love it.

Maybe no one else ever thinks about celebrities being real besides me, but I like thinking about how that they are just people trying to figure out life. Of course, that can get all thought provoking and sad if you start wondering if they are happy or miserable and do they really know what life is all about? Then you pray for them because you want them to be happy, and then you feel odd because you’re praying for pop culture icons.

Anyway, food for thought, I guess.

 In other news, I get my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. Yippee. I’ll try to write while I’m all cracked out on medicine, HA. That should be hilarious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment