Thursday, May 17, 2012

"My boyfriend's a paper bag"


It is a terrible thing to have a dumb song stuck in your head. It is a more terrible thing to have two dumb songs stuck in your head at the same time. They switch back and forth, trading places at the front of your brain (or wherever the singing-songs-in-your-head part is) and having a grand old time. Also, they are never anywhere close to full length songs. You’re lucky if you get more than two lines on the loop. Currently I am suffering from “my boyfriend’s back and there’s gonna be trouble. Hey ya, hey ya, my boyfriend’s back” and “do you ever feel like a paper bag floating in the wind.” Hurrah. Sometime they try to play at the same time and get jumbled up and my brain gets confused, “hey ya…paper bag…boyfriend’s back…floating in the wind.” No bueno.

I am kind of sad that I no longer have crazy car stories to write about on my blogs. I feel like that took up a fair amount of my previous writing and added to the interest factor of my life. No more “today I broke down on the side of the road…again,” or “today my car leaked gasoline all over the UNCG parking lot and the haz-mat team came,” or “today I had to strap my bumper up with a tow line so I could drive the rest of the way home.” Ha! The good old days! I’ll have to find new material…

Today’s topic is…Steve and I are taking up disc golf this summer. Come play with us, it’s hilarious and awesome and you will have the best time. I promise. My goal is to master the art of throwing in a straight line on purpose, rather than on accident. I’m not so great at sports of any kind (I claim that the height causes a lack of coordination, but I’m pretty sure that is not an excuse), but I think I might be able to get good at disc golf. Or at least moderately okay. Or at least throw in a straight line…

Hopefully someday soon these posts will get a little longer.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment