Friday, August 8, 2014

Let's go on an adventure...

I haven't been on an out-of-the-country missions trip since I was 20, and that was to Peru. It was amazing and wonderful and exciting. I ate beef heart on a stick, hugged little Peruvian kids, and at one point thought I was getting kidnapped and going to die in the wilderness (I will tell that story in a later post). I fought the call on my life for a long time, and God has done a wonderful work in my heart, which is now huge for missions. That change happened on the Peru trip. Since then, I have been happily growing in God, getting married, finishing school, and eagerly waiting for the next trip. Now, seven years later, it is time to go again.

I have recently been given an opportunity to take one of those missions trips that stays with you for the rest of your life. I have never been to India, and I don't run into a ton of people who have. I feel like, in many cases, the idea of traveling to India immediately conjures up images of Slumdog Millionaire and "weird food." A world full of strange customs, offensive smells, and dirty streets, it seems so far removed from our American lives that we have a hard time even thinking of it as a real place.  I have to admit that I have no idea what to expect, but India is a reality for over 1.2 billion people and I want to share that reality with them, even if it's just for a few days. I will be going with a team of about 10 people (including Steve), and will be working to bless as many people as possible while we are there. Due to the nature of our trip, I am afraid I can't share details or locations about it on this blog, but would love to talk about it via a more discreet form of communication if anyone has any questions. I am excited about this trip for about one hundred reasons, but a few of the main ones are: going on another missions trip, seeing God move in a mighty way, I have always wanted to go to India, first missions trip with my husband, and the general feeling of being able to travel somewhere new.

That being shared, I have two requests/invitations. The first is for prayer support. With both Steve and I going on a trip like this, prayer coverage is a must-have and a top priority. Pray for spiritual protection and strength, physical safety, our marriage, our ministry as a couple, etc. Throw in some extra prayers against any illness or bad reaction to all the delicious Indian food we will be consuming. The other request is for financial support (cash money). The trip is about $3,200, so I am asking 160 people to give $20 each. If you feel led to give more, that is super awesome, but I feel like $20 is an easy number. I will make an announcement or something when my goal is reached, and if there ends up being additional money it will go to the Future Baby Rozema fund. In an attempt to make it as easy as possible, you can click here to visit my YouCaring page, which is a free fundraising website where you can donate and check on my fundraising progress. I will also post it on Facebook, because why wouldn't you post something on Facebook? It will take about 5 minutes from your day and $20 from your bank account, and you will be making an eternal difference in the Kingdom of God. You will also bless me a lot and I will be thankful forever, which is quite a long time. So, think about it, pray about it, act on it. I hope you will join me in this adventure and I want to say thank you for taking the time to read this. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment